Saturday 13 December 2014

Is Facebook Getting Less Cool?

Is Facebook Getting Less Cool?


“My goal was never really to make Facebook cool,” Zuckerberg said. “I am not a cool person, and I’ve never really tried to be cool. Our model for Facebook has never been to try to make it particularly exciting to use — we just want to make it useful.”

Why Facebook forced users to install the Facebook Messenger app

“Even it was a short-term painful thing to ask people to install a separate messaging app, we knew we could never deliver a quality experience inside Facebook as a tab. We needed to build a dedicated and focused experience,” explained Mark.

With the emphasis on Paid Advertising, when will the organic reach for Facebook Business pages return?

“As time goes on, people are just sharing more things on Facebook. Each person might read 100 stories from friends and pages a day. There is just more competition. There are about 1,500 stories a day that they could see in the News Feed and they only see about hundred. Less than 10% of what people are posting the person will get in the feed. Only the highest quality content will get through.”

How accurate was the movie Social Network compared to the real life story of Facebook

“I found it hurtful. One important piece of context is the woman I’m married to who I’ve been dating for ten years; I was dating her before starting Facebook. If somehow I was trying to create Facebook to find more women, that probably wouldn’t have gone over well in my relationship.”

Entrepreneurship

“The best entrepreneurs who I’ve met don’t really start companies because their goal is to build a company. They do it because they want to make a change in the world and help people.”

Team and leadership

“The thing that got me through it and I think gets a lot of people through it is the people around them. There is no super human ability that anyone has. It’s hard to do things on your own… so many challenges and there are going to be many things that you don’t know how to do. Find a team of people, friends or family and there will be different people over time… People like to focus on different problems or skills… Find people who share your passion.”

Why Zuckerberg is always wearing that one shirt

“I’m in this really lucky position where I get to wake up every day and help serve more than 1 billion people, and I feel like I’m not doing my job if I spend any of my energy on things,” Zuckerberg said. “Even though it kind of sounds silly that that’s my reason for wearing a gray t-shirt every day, it also is true.”
Located in Toronto, Canada but serving students globally, Digital Media Academy of Canada can help you gain digital marketing skills and stay up-to-date with social media updates to thrive in the Digital Media industry. Complete our online course and receive a Certificate of Completion. Register for the Social Media Marketingcourse today!

No comments:

Post a Comment