Thursday 25 December 2014

Cold Drinks or Tyre Cleaners


Today afternoon, I was buying newspaper from a bakery-cum-general merchandise shop in my locality in Bangalore. Another customer came and asked for a bottle of Pepsi. Shop owner gave him instead a bottle of Thumps Up. I told the shop owner, he asked for Pepsi and you are giving him thums up. He told me, customer will accept any one. I was perplexed. I asked the customer, is it so? He said yes, because I am buying it not for drinking but for some other purpose.

Now suspense was thicker. I could not hold myself. I enquired little more, during conversation he told me, he has bought this thumps up bottle to clean the car tyres. I could not believe him.
I simply followed him, and what I saw, one boy was cleaning the car of his owner. This man also got involved in cleaning the car with that boy. I asked him to show me literally how he is going to use thumps up for cleaning the car tyres. I asked his name, he was Ram Milan. He told me, Sir, you will have to wait, first we will clean the whole body then in last we will wipe the car tyre with thumps up.
I was ready to see the experiment from my own eyes, so simply I killed some 20 minutes reading the newspaper. Till then they had completely cleaned the car. Meanwhile the car owner also came. I told him, I am waiting to see some experiment; it will be an eye opener and lesson for my life. He started laughing, and told me that he is using all these cold drinks, pepsi, coca-cola and thumps etc. to give shining to the car tyres. He told, all cold drinks will work.
Now Ram Milan, took the bottle of thumps up, poured the drink in a mug and soaked it in a piece of cloth, and started wiping the outer side of the car tyres.I could not believe my eyes. To be fair with these cold drink companies, I can tell you it worked wonderfully. Tyres were looking brand new. Thums up!!
Owner quipped, new tyres!!
Now time was for me to take lesson, never to touch “Tyre Cleaners” in my life.
Do you get some lesson from this story? Am sure, at least you can give your car tyres a brand new look. Whether you will drink it or not, is your choice.
For cold drink companies, I have a simple question, what are you selling? Cold drink or “Tyre cleaner”?
A BIG Thums DOWN..

No comments:

Post a Comment